Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center - Performances - Details
Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Wu Han, piano
- Arnaud Sussmann and Alexander Sitkovetsky, violins
- Matthew Lipman, viola
- Nicholas Cannellakis, cello
Incredible pianist, composer and professor Alexander Taneyev (1856-1915) is one of the most exciting discoveries for all who love Russian music.
Taneyev’s epic Piano Quintet — just now emerging into the mainstream of the most popular chamber music — anchors this program that affirms the composer’s mastery through the genius of his students Prokofiev and Rachmaninov and reveals Taneyev’s roots in the music of his mentor Tchaikovsky.
- Rachmaninov: Trio élégiaque in G minor for Piano, Violin, and Cello
- Tchaikovsky: Souvenir d'un lieu cher for Violin and Piano, Op. 42
- Prokofiev: Sonata in C major for Two Violins, Op. 56
- Taneyev: Quintet in G minor for Piano, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Op. 30
Concert Conversation at 6:30 p.m.: informative & engaging